TAS Thesaurus Manager is a thesaurus-building software that facilitates a more optimal and sophisticated operation of the TAS Enterprise Search engine.
Thesaurus Manager makes it possible to define and control conceptual relationships between search terms, making it easier to find relevant results in TAS Enterprise Search.
Possible relations that can be defined between the words:
- correct form
- narrower term
- broader term
- stop list
The thesaurus-building module makes it possible to find more relevant results on the TAS Enterprise Search interface. The amount and quality of the words you specify determines the sophistication of the search process.
By creating word links in TM, the search process can be greatly optimized, since no multiple searches are required in case of similar terms (eg. USA – United States – United States of America).
Word pairs features
- must include a basic expression (base expression, base word, first word)
- can include a related expression (related word, second keyword)
- has the specification opportunity of the relationship between the two terms (synonym, stoplist, narrower term of, broader term of, correct form of, typo of)
- has category definition option to help annotators and reviewers decide which areas of the word pair are related to
- Annotator: basic role, can handle word pairs added to annotation
- Reviewer: Has annotator rights, can also accept previous annotations
- Deployer: has both annotator and reviewer role, can install the already adopted spellings for sharp use (eg search)
- Expertise: regardless of the roles, you can assign a domain to each user that matches the categories that can be assigned to word pairs. This ensures that the pair of words in a given category gets to the right user.
- Any user can add a new word or expression by specifying the base term for annotation, with as little information as possible to save the word pairs
- The related phrase can also be already added during insertion or annotation (this is true for the following fields)
- Then the specification of the relationship between the two terms (or a category to which the pair belongs) is possible
- After insertion, the pair of words can be annotated (unfilled fields are specified by the annotator)
- The process must be accepted by a reviewer
- Approved word pairs can be deployed by a Deployer
- Compatibility with TAS Enterprise Search on Precognox TAS via Thesaurus Service (Read more Technical Description – Precognox TAS Enterprise Search)
- Accessibility on widespread browsers, intranet / internet
- User Access Restriction (Authentication / Authorization)
- Multilingual subtitle support (automatically detected based on browser language setting)
The Thesaurus Manager GUI
The appearance of Thesaurus Manager is consistent with the corporate identity of TAS Platform. GUI is user friendly and can be handled intuitively. The interface is widely customizable, it is possible to individually modify the elements according to customer needs.
The user interface is available through TAS Cloud or installed On Premise
How it works
TAS Thesaurus Manager works within the Precognox TAS platform.
After assessing your needs, aims and requirements, we use these informations to prepare the project and quotation plan we identify the key points, then we prepare the specifications and the quotation.
Factors affecting the quotation
- the complexity of the task
- special requirements
- the quality and the quantity of data
- possible development needs
Other products of the TAS Platform
Thesaurus Manager is a part of the TAS platform. We have also developed other software services in the TAS framework.
TAS Data Collector is the basic of the TAS Platform. Data Collector is able to collect web-based data content in a structured format so as to make this content available for information systems or for further processing and analysis. Find out more by reading the Data Collector use case.
TAS Enterprise Search is an Elastic based enterprise search engine with massive data searching capability (access rights to your data). TAS Search engine enables the user to accomplish searches in the data collected by TAS Data Collector. It is a perfect combination when you not just need the data, but you want your dataset to be effectively searchable. TAS Search engine is also capable of finding named entities (ie. like company names or date) in various formats. Find out more by reading the Enterprise Search use case.
TAS Search Log Analyzer is a perfect solution if you have your structured database and it is searchable, you may be keen on getting information about the launched searches. TAS – Search Log Analyzer for example lets you know which keywords are used frequently or without any match. These and similar informations can be used to continuously improve your search system. Find out more by reading the Search Log Analyzer use case.
TAS Tagger is a tagging your collected datasets automatically. Tagger helps you find the key expressions in the text. By the tags it is possible to find the connectivity points between different text bodies. One of the key application form is tagging articles in news websites or tagging a great amount of science contents or various business documents. Find out more by reading the Tagger use case.
Initial system requirements (On Premise)
x86_64 CPU at least 4 core
at least 16GB RAM
35GB disk (it may grow as the amount of logs increase)
64-bit Linux, Windows, or macOS – 64-bit JDK 1.8 or above
Availability and platform support
Cloud API – On Premise API – Java SDK is available
Integration with other products
Precognox TAS platform
Questions and Answers
Do you have other linguistic solutions? Yes, TAS Platform is developed to provide complex services in text analytics.
Can you handle special requirements? Sure, no problem. We are not only the owners of TAS Platform solutions – but also a software development enterprise so we are capable to develop your custom solution.
Are you prepared to get into business with enterprises outside of Hungary? We have several partners in Europe and we also have overseas customers. We all do speak in English, and some of us also speak in German.