The basic idea of developing TAS Search Log Analyzer was to create an analyzing tool that provides the user information about your search log and search history. It gives the user actionable insight with special emphasis of search expressions, their frequency and efficiency.
Search Log Analyzer is quite a useful tool to complement the TAS Enterprise Search. Once the TAS Enterprise Search GUI is installed, the user will probably be curious about how it is utilized by the different users, who possess entry access.
- storage of search logs
- storage of search terms and other search features (e.g., date, user ID)
- filtration and listing of the appropriate search results in a configurable order
- compatibility with TAS Enterprise Search and Thesaurus Manager within the Precognox TAS Platform
- availability in popular browsers, intranet / internet interface
- user access restriction (authentication / authorization)
- support for multilingualism (detected automatically based on browser language settings)
- availability for other IT systems via API
The Search Log Analyzer GUI
Through using Search Log Analyzer it is possible to analyze the launched searches and hereby it enables the user to utilize the TAS Enterprise Search more effectively.
Search Log Analyzer gives the opportunity to examine the top searches, the frequent searches with no results, positive and negative trends or to compare the top searches in a given period, therefore the user can get a deeper insight in search trends.
The user friendly UI provides the user many possibilities: sorting by date, number of searches or visualize the results or comparisons.
The dashboard indicates what and how the users search in TAS Enterprise Search UI. It shows the followings:
- search expressions: list of expressions searches launched with
- number of searches in (reference) date range: list of expressions are in descending order by number of searches
- filtering options: Date range, Number of hits or searches, Users (order of results are configurable). There will be an extra filter if you also have a Thesaurus Manager license. The Thesaurus filters default value is All, so all the expressions are listed. The other options are Thesaurus (the expressions which are in the Thesaurus Manager) and Non-Thesaurus (the expressions which are not in the Thesaurus Manager). There is a Thesaurus Manager project chooser field, and if there is a Thesaurus license for the realm a Thesaurus Manager project and a Search Log analyzer project can be joint here by choosing the Thesaurus Manager project.
- summary of searches by users and query types: the summary tables appeared above the list of searches indicate the number of searches launched by users and also the number of simple and advanced searches in the given date range.
- top searches: the list of expressions are in descending order by number of searches (in the last 30 days). The list shows the expression and the number of searches for expression.
- frequent searches with no result: the list of expressions which has 0 search results are in descending order by number of searches (in the last 30 days). The list shows the expression and the number of searches for expression.
- positive and negative search trends: in the Trends the base of the comparison is the last 30 days, and the 30 days before. In case of positive trends the expressions are listed in descending order by percent of change. In case of negative trends the expressions are listed in ascending order by percent of change. The list shows the expression and the percent of change for expression. The sign of the values are are not displayed as a minus/plus sign but with down/up arrows and colors. The biggest value is the biggest positive value and the smallest value is the biggest negative value. If the system does not have 60 days history, the history should be split into 2 pieces, and it should be compared. If the number of searches was 0 in the Reference date range, then we show “X new searches” instead of % value in the “Change” column (since % of change can not be calculated in this case).
- the comparison of top searches: comparison of the Top 5 searches in “Top searches” box. Static graph with 30 days of data with one day resolution.
How it works
Search Log Analyzer was developed to attend special needs, so the more we know about your business needs, the better and more sophisticated approach we provide. The exact solution depends on the following parameters:
- the source, amount and quality of data
- special needs (unique demands require further services)
Realization of a project
After assessing your needs, aims and requirements, we use the collected information to setup project roll and prepare the quotation.
Factors affecting the quotation
- the complexity of the task
- special requirements
- the quality and the quantity of the text dataset
- development needs
How to utilize search log analyzer?
The bigger the number of users are in TAS Enterprise Search the greater the importance of finding the relevant searches, key words and expressions, so it is easy to see that Search Log Analyzer is a very effective supplementary tool for TAS Enterprise Search.
Beside this Search Log Analyzer shows which sources of the dataset (in which the searches are launched) are relevant or redundant. By using the results delivered by Search Log Analyzer it is decidable which sources of the dataset are valuable or worthless.
Other products of the TAS Platform
Search Log Analyzer is a part of the TAS platform. We have also developed other software services in the TAS framework.
TAS Data Collector is the basic of the TAS Platform. Data Collector is able to collect web-based data content in a structured format so as to make this content available for information systems or for further processing and analysis. Find out more by reading the Data Collector use case.
TAS Enterprise Search is an Elastic based enterprise search engine with massive data searching capability (access rights to your data). TAS Search engine enables the user to accomplish searches in the data collected by TAS Data Collector. It is a perfect combination when you not just need the data, but you want your dataset to be effectively searchable. TAS Search engine is also capable of finding named entities (ie. like company names or date) in various formats. The existence of TAS Search is the basis of using Search Log Analyzer, because Search Log Analyzer can only visualize searching results launched in TAS Search. Find out more by reading the Enterprise Search use case.
TAS Thesaurus manager is a thesaurus-building module that facilitates the more optimal and sophisticated operation of the TAS Enterprise Search engine. Find out more by reading the Thesaurus Manager use case.
TAS Tagger is a tagging solution that is able to retrieve and determine key phrases and topics from texts. It gives tags to your collected datasets automatically. By the tags it is possible to find the connectivity points between different text bodies. One of the key application form is tagging articles in news websites or tagging a great amount of science contents or various business documents. Find out more by reading the Tagger use case.
Initial system requirements (On Premise)
x86_64 CPU at least 4 core
at least 16GB RAM
35GB disk (it may grow as the amount of logs increase)
64-bit Linux, Windows, or macOS – 64-bit JDK 1.8 or above
Availability and platform support
Cloud API – On Premise API – Java SDK is available
Integration with other products
Precognox TAS platform
Questions and Answers
Can you handle our special requirements? Sure, no problem. We are not only the owners of TAS Platform solutions – but also a software development enterprise so we are capable to develop your custom solution.
Are you prepared to get into business with enterprises outside of Hungary? We have several partners in Europe and we also have overseas customers. We all do speak English, and some of us also speak German.