The basic idea of developing TAS Enterprise Search was to help identifying and enabling all content across the enterprise to be indexed, searched, and displayed to authorized users. Whether you have your own data or it comes from the TAS Data Collector, it is more transparent and useful if a sophisticated keyword search function is available, because the text content without access is worthless.
We created a software that enables you to launch searches both in your documents and web based contents. Our enterprise search engine makes the various sources of data searchable whether it can be found in databases, emails, HTML pages, in PDF, DOC or another document formats.
TAS Enterprise Search engine can be optimized for special searching needs and it is widely customizable if necessary, in order to make the search experience as convenient and effective as possible.
Besides all of the essential enterprise search functions the Elastic based TAS Enterprise Search provides a lot of specialized features.
TAS Enterprise Search
- identifies and displays (highlights) the results of the search.
- provides linguistically relevant answers. Not only character-based matching is given but the linguistic features of the text are also considered whether the language is Hungarian, English or another one.
- helps in search through using industry specific synonym dictionary, therefore the search phrase can be found in multiple forms (ie. bike – bicycle), which is supported by the TAS Thesaurus Manager.
- produces very fast responses.
How does an enterprise search engine work in practice?
Our product video gives you an easy way to learn how TAS Enterprise Search works.
Searching process details
The user interface is widely customizable – based on the requirements of the customer and could be used by multiple users simultaneously.
During the usage of the UI the user can choose between simple search and advanced search functions. Simple search is for a quick lookup, while advanced search is optimized for more sophisticated and detailed searches.
Operators you can use in a search:
- Boolean operators: for intersections, for unions and to exclude specific documents
- Grouping terms: to form sub-queries
- Wildcard searches: single or multiple character wildcard searches
- Fuzzy searches: fuzzy searches discover terms that are similar to a specified term without necessarily being an exact match
- Proximity searches: a proximity search looks for terms that are within a specific distance from one another.
- Range searches: ranges can be specified for date, numeric or string fields.
We provide a Help documentation with details and examples to understand how to use these operators.
The user can see all the available details of a search result. For example:
- Source of the result
- Creation date
- Modification date
- Relevant parts of the document with the searched term highlighted
- More detailed preview of a document
- Or any other details which are available in the searched documents
The TAS Enterprise Search GUI
TAS Enterprise Search GUI can be created within the confines of TAS Platform (TAS Cloud service) or On Premise (locally installed). The look of the GUI can be made using the corporate identity of TAS Platform or we can build a unique search GUI. The visualization of search results and other part of the search user interface are also configurable. The particular solution depends on the customer’s needs.
The Enterprise Search GUI
Display of the search results
We have also made a DEMO UI where you can get insight of how the searching user interface looks like and how it works. The given example, “Blog Enterprise Search” is able to let you launch searches among the contents of articles published on our blog websites. The advanced search interface also provides the ability to filter and sort the results.The search expressions may be Hungarian or English, the default language is defined by the language setting of your browser.
The Demo user interface
- We offer industry leading solution for person identification, as we can match names with misspellings, aliases, nicknames, initials, names in different languages (the list of available language is in the Technical features).
- We can recognize named entities in the texts, such as persons, locations, organizations.
- Several after-search filtering possibilities are at hand. These are either based on patterns found in the results (such as frequent words) or information stored in specific fields (ie. date, source, author etc).
- The search box can have an in-built keyword suggestion, based on either your search history and/or the topic you are looking for.
- Results can be saved individually or even all results can be saved at once. Several file formats are available including CSV, XML and JSON. The saved file contains the document title, the path of the document, the shortened context and the search term which the documents were found with.
- The compiled advanced search templates can be saved. The user has the option to save a new query or update an existing one. The saved templates can be loaded at any time and the search process will automatically run.
- You have full control over access rights to your data. You can assign different levels of access rights to the users of your search system. The user can be informed if there is / are other relevant search results but the appropriate information is not available with the specified access right.
- Simultaneous searches in great volume are feasible even with different access-level
- Integration with Basis Technology industry leading Rosette Name Matching in 18 languages (English, German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Hungarian, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Pastho, Persian, Arabic, Chinese (Traditional and Simplified), Urdu, Thai, Korean)
- Integration with Rosette Entity Extractor to identify the entities (names, date, phone numbers)
- Integration with ABBYY FineReader OCR (Optical character recognition) solution, so we can handle scanned documents
- Integration with Google Cloud Speech-to-Text, so text contents extracted from audio files are also searchable
- Automatic indexing structured and unstructured data
- Indexing solutions to standard formats: RTF, DOC, DOCX, XLS, XLSX, CSV, TXT, HTML, XML, PDF, PS
- Special indexing possibility for further file formats
- Availability to other data processing systems via API
- Document level access control with LDAP-compatible access management
What do you really get? What are the related services?
- Enterprise Search GUI: the user interface enables the user to launch and execute searches in the certain database and produces the results even within a second
- The user interface basically appears within the TAS Platform, but we can develop and deliver a unique search GUI solution
- API to integrate searching functionality in your own software
- Adjustable access rights
- Customer service / permanent communication
- Follow-up of the project
The customer needs and requests affect the cost of the TAS Enterprise Search, clarifying this is the first step in the project.
How it works
TAS Enterprise Search was developed to attend special needs, so the more we know about your business needs, the better and more sophisticated approach we provide. The exact solution depends on the following parameters:
- the source, amount and quality of the given dataset
- the requirements about the search GUI
- special needs (unique demands require further services)
Have a special need searching texts? Wondering if there is a solution? Let us know!
Implementing a project
After assessing your needs, aims and requirements, we use the collected information to setup project roll and prepare the quotation.
Factors affecting the quotation
- the complexity of the task
- special requirements
- the quality and the quantity of the text dataset
- possible development needs
Other products of the TAS Platform
TAS Enterprise Search is a part of the TAS platform. We have also developed other software services in the TAS framework.
TAS Data Collector is the basic of the TAS Platform. Data Collector is able to collect web-based data content in a structured format so as to make this content available for information systems or for further processing and analysis. Find out more by reading the Data Collector use case.
TAS Thesaurus Manager is a Thesaurus-building module that facilitates the more optimal and sophisticated operation of the TAS Search enterprise search engine. Find out more by reading the Thesaurus Manager use case.
TAS Tagger is a tagging solution that is able to retrieve and determine key phrases and topics from texts. It gives tags to your collected datasets automatically. By the tags it is possible to find the connectivity points between different text bodies. One of the key application form is tagging articles in news websites or tagging a great amount of science contents or various business documents. Find out more by reading the Tagger use case.
TAS Search Log Analyzer is a perfect solution if you have your structured database and it is searchable by TAS Enterprise Search, you may be keen on getting information about the launched searches. TAS – Search Log Analyzer for example lets you know which keywords are used frequently or without any match. These and similar informations can be used to continuously improve your search system. Find out more by reading the Search Log Analyzer use case.
Initial system requirements (On Premise)
Server with a Docker compatible Linux
16 GB RAM
x86_64 CPU at least 4 core
20 GB disk
All languages are available
Integration with other services
TAS Cloud (authentication / authorization)
TAS On Premise (authentication / authorization)
Standalone On Premise (without authentication)
Try and review
Questions and Answers
What kind of data formats are searchable by TAS Enterprise Search? Practically all formats is supported that can be converted into standard text form.
Can you handle special requirements? Sure, no problem. We are not only the owners of TAS Platform solutions – but also a software development enterprise so we are capable to develop your custom solution.
Our experience, software programming background and flexibility are the key points to the satisfaction of our customers.
Are you prepared to get into business with enterprises outside of Hungary? We have several partners in Europe and we also have US customers. We all do speak in English, and some of us also speak in German.